Hello!

Hi! I am Kitty chan, welcome to my blog! I love being able to show the world my thoughts and ideas. Feel free to comment, I would love to hear anything you would have to say, or any advice for the future. I hope you enjoy reading my posts just as much as I enjoyed writing them! BYE!!!

Ganguro=SCARY!!!


This is one very interestin-g fashion in Japan, that as you can kind of guess, SCARES ME. That does not mean that I don't like it. It's just a little too extreme for something I might think of wearing. It started to get most popular in the 90's with teenagers and young women, some runaways, and some just wanting to stand out. Though it's roots are the GAL or Gyaru style, and the KoGAL style (which was supposed to to look like Californian girls).The style is a deep tan, bleached blond hair (sometimes with streaks of other colors), heavy eye makeup, white concealer for lipstick, false eyelashes, and face gems; though the rules can be twisted a little. The clothing is usually bright, colorful outfits, consisting of miniskirts, platform boots, arm warmers, and bangles. Anyway, I might write a little more about this fashion later. But that's it for now. BYE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is so funny that girls in Japan would take off on the California Girl style, but I guess since Barbie did it...also the GAL style looks a little like mall rat style.

I always loved white lipstick against a summer tan!

Dennis said...

Even more funny is that this particular image is from two Swedish girls. I know them both, sort of :)

Nice blog btw!

/Dennis

Thanks! ありがとう!

hello! thank you for viewing my blog! I hope you continue to check back every so often!